
When hearing of the arctic blast that was going to blow through Dallas, I was very excited! You know me, I love the cold weather. So, as I headed home on Friday from a long day at the office , not only did I fight traffic, I fought the rain slamming down on my windshield the whole way. The ice was on its way. Mike and I were able to sleep in on Saturday morning and woke up to a chilly morning. We made coffee first thing, and listened to the rain as it came streaming down outside. It was so peaceful. So, for the next two days, we did housework that was overdue, enjoyed the hot tub on numerous occasions, and enjoyed time home alone...just my hubby and I. In our busy lives, we never get to enjoy such a peaceful weekend at home with simply nothing to do and just being able to mosy around and do housework. This weekend could not have been better and not only are we rested up...our house is somewhat more organized! God knows exactly what we need at exactly the right time.
Being stuck inside, home alone with only the hubby and dog, is NOT bad at all! It is times like these that you realize you have married your soul mate and best friend. Being able to play card games, watch movies, enjoy the hot tub and just sit around and talk beats any day...simply wonderful!
-N


0 comments:
Post a Comment