Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun



Thanksgiving was so much fun this year. What a beautiful day it was. The crisp, cool air and falling leaves set the mood. I woke up early, fixed coffee, and started my cooking. Then I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs and it was my precious Meag. We put on our aprons and cooked all morning together with the Christmas music on, Christmas lights on, and sang our hearts out. It was one of my favorite mornings. I have so much to be thankful for this year with Meag being safe at home, our health, my marriage, my family, and so many other things. Meag and I named 10 things we were thankful for and she just melts my heart. I loved her little hands helping prepare the food. She is at such peace with living at home now and thanks God all the time. It is such a blessing. We went and woke up daddy up and brought him coffee and told him how thankful we were for him. Meag and I made placecards this year and they turned out so cute. They were turkeys made out of pinecones. So, we packed up the food and placecards, bundled up and headed to grandma's house. It is a tradition for us to have Thanksgiving at Grandma's and there is nothing like the love that is in that house. We ate, played games, watched the game, ate some more and played in the snowflakes. Meag was so cute trying to catch them with her tongue. We packed up about 9 and headed home. Meag and I just teared up when we had to leave. We love our family time. Thanksgiving was so much fun this year and we have even more memories to reminisce about.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

0 comments: