"Is it so small a thing to have enjoy'd the sun, to have lived light in the spring, to have loved, to have thought, to have done..." -M. Arnold
High of 72 degrees; low in the 60's. A little slice of Heaven- MAINE. Sitting on the front porch with a good book and a great cup of coffee, waking up to the beautiful view God made. Mid-afternoon wrapped in a shaw headed into town to stop in at some quaint, little shops. Picked up some devine smelling soaps, an ornament from the year round Christmas shop, and walked past a peculiar art gallery headed to the one book store in town. Dinner was always served on the wrap-around porch looking out on the beautiful sunset. This view has been embedded into my memory and I will never let go of it.
When we have beautiful days in the low 70's and nights that are cool enough to open some windows and curl up in a blanket, I reminisce about those memorable days we spent in Maine. I go 90 to nothing ALL THE TIME so to take a trip where you do absolutely nothing was definitely a change for me. I wouldn't have changed a thing about it! The "little things" in life mean the most to me. Whether it is laying on a blanket on a spring day listening to nature, or working a puzzle on the breakfast table in the cottage, or curled up by our fire playing dominoes- these are the moments I live for. Being with my family. Getting knee deep in dirt in hopes to see a beautiful garden bloom. Sleeping with the windows cracked to wake up chilly in bed under the warm covers. This is what life is about.
Enjoy the moments that are quiet and still. Embrace the running around getting things done. Cherish the laughter that surrounds you. It is the sun kissing my shoulders while hanging out by the pool watching Meag swim and the bundling up with mittens, scarves, and turtlenecks in hope to play in what we call "cold weather" in Texas. I want to bottle up all of these moments and carry them with me everywhere I go to tell people what life is all about.
As Spring approaches, I want days where we do homework at a park on a blanket. I want to bbq and be outside more. I want to watch Meag play outside until the darkness covers the sky. I want to have a small little vegetable garden to bite into juicy red tomatoes that grew right in front of us. I want more of the little things in life.
It is a big year for all of those small things.


2 comments:
I love it when you post! You should do this more often!!!!
Aw, you are so sweet. Thanks so much! I love reading your posts, too! I do need to get to posting more often. It is such a refreshing thing.
xo
Post a Comment