
The first official day of fall- September 23rd! One of my most favorite days because that means we can pull out our fall clothes, our fall decor, and the holidays are getting closer and closer! Woo hoo! As I sit in my comfy, brown, velvet chair, I have the windows open, a t-shirt, light sweater and leggings on with my Ugg boots and it is a tad bit chilly. Simply perfect. Watching Meag and her friend ride bikes outside and listening to their sweet laughter. Couldn't have asked for a better Sunday.
This past week has brought lots of prayers and sadness for some of my dearest friends. One of my girlfriends lost her baby. Absolutely devastating. She was 20 weeks along. Sweet baby Harper had Osteogenesis Imperfecta type II-always fatal. She had already broken her femur in 7 places. Even though her nerves aren't developed as ours, she still felt pain. Baby Harper got her angel wings on Monday at 3:05 am. Now, she is resting in God's arms and flying all around Heaven out of all pain. Have spent many nights on my knees praying for her mommy and daddy and for them to find peace and strength during this difficult time.
Another friend of mine lost her dear husband in a tragic car accident last week as well. Leaving behind his beautiful wife and two sweet, little girls 2 and 3. I can't even imagine how heartbroken she must be right now. I cannot imagine losing my Mike and having a little 2 or 3 year old that won't have a daddy there for milestones in their lives. It just breaks my heart but she is so strong and it was the absolute sweetest service I have ever been to. Truly a celebration of Johnny's sweet life and remembering what a jewel of a man he was. Praying so hard for this sweet family.
Definitely made me kiss and hug my Mike and my Meag even MORE this week. Reminds you just how precious and short life can be. I am so glad that my sweet Meag is home so I can love on her anytime I want. I love just going up and looking at her sleeping. Knowing that she is having sweet dreams and is at peace, not scared any longer. It has been almost a year since we were awarded custody of our sweet daughter and it has been the best year of our lives (with the exception of Meag having to see her biological mother 3 hours in that year Meag would tell you. :-)) She is such a happy, go lucky little girl and no longer lives in fear or cries or is worried about her safety. That means the world to me. God is so good and we are so very blessed.
We have so much planned this fall and so many fun memories we are making. From Halloween parties to a baby shower to cooking up a storm in the kitchen for the holidays with my Meag, we have TONS of fun things planned! Can't wait for the holidays and have already started my Christmas shopping!!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment