
Christmas Starbucks cups are out, 103.7 is playing Christmas music, our trees are up, and the fire is lit to warm us on the cold nights. I LOVE this time of year and with each year, it just gets better and better. I am so busy with starting my own magazine but always have the time to watch a Christmas movie with my sweet hubby and sweet little girl. Elf is one of our family favorites. That is one that we definitely watch over and over. We are dreaming of a white Christmas like we got last year. I remember a couple of weeks before school was out, we got some snow days. We were all in Heaven with being able to build snowmen and snow-women, making snow angels, letting the snow cover our jackets and hair, and watching Jack play in this mysterious white fluff he was not used to. Meag had not ever seen that much snow in TX. Then, as we were headed out for Christmas Eve, it was freezing cold and started to snow some more! We came home that night to a white, glistening yard. It was absolutely beautiful! We bundled up and headed outside for a snowball fight, Meag's first. We will never forget that Christmas. Meag was home...and for good!!!! Chances are slim for another white Christmas this year but we are hopeful. All of my family will be snuggled around the fire and Christmas tree again which makes for another perfect holiday season.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I can already taste the turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, homemade mac-n-cheese, green bean casserole, homemade bread, pumpkin pie, fruit salad, broccoli cheese rice casserole, sweet potato casserole and the list goes on!!!! Meag and I made our place cards and tried some new recipes. I have so much to be thankful for this year. God is so wonderful!
I am so excited to wake up tomorrow with it being cozy, warm inside but chilly out, making a cup of coffee, hanging in our comfies and watching the Macy's Day parade snuggled by my hubby and my sweet daughter...and finishing up some cooking. Then, on to a day filled with lots of food, laughter, family time, and memories. Couldn't ask for a better day.
Happy Turkey Day everyone!


0 comments:
Post a Comment