Sunday, May 1, 2011

A fall day in May


When I awoke this morning, I could tell that it was going to be a chilly day. The curtains in our bedroom nook were pulled open but it was still dark and cloudy outside. As I lay in bed, I could hear the thunder starting to roll...definitely a great time to snuggle even closer to my hubby. It was a perfect day to stay inside with my sweet family. Meag and I walked outside for just a bit before running back inside curling up on the couch. It was FREEZING! Our iPhones said it was 44 degrees outside. A fall day in May. Of course, Meag and I got all giddy inside thinking how the holidays would be here before we knew it. We had been to half price books the day before (perfect timing) so I curled up, cracked the window just a tad and listened to the thunder and rain start to fall while getting lost in my book. Just a few hours later, I had finished the book and was fixing lunch while still in one of my favorite maxi dresses. Meag came downstairs and said, "Mommy, this is a perfect day to lounge in pj's." I couldn't have agreed more. We have cooked pumpkin cranberry muffins, watched a movie, had a friend over to play, and grilled some fajitas and salmon. I cherish these lazy, family days so very much.

Meag took her last round of TAKS test this week so school is pretty much over. :-) We woke up early to watch the Royal Wedding, had tea and scones, and curled up on the couch! What fun it was to see all of the amazing hats, dresses, and just what all the Royal Wedding included. Loved sitting there watching it with my sweet daughter, too. I am so very blessed. She just melts my heart and I just love getting to do these things together. We loved, loved, loved watching it and definitely wish we would have been there.

DAPPER is on its second issue and we will be wrapping it up in a few weeks! Lots of work again but loving every minute of it!

Looking forward to snuggling with my family in front of the fire and watching another movie tonight! Cheers to a fall day in May!

0 comments: