Friday, July 22, 2011

It's hot EVERYWHERE!





I can't believe that summer is almost over. :-( School starts in less than 5 weeks and that means one thing...my sweet, little Meag is in MIDDLE SCHOOL. AH! I just can't believe it. We have had such a fun summer spending family time together, taking some vacations, and getting ready for new journeys. It has been hot as heck here in Texas and luckily, we have been able to escape that a bit with little getaways but there are hotter digits every where this year. All that means is more pool time, lots of snow cones, lemonade and water fights!

Our last trip was to the East Coast and it was a blast! Cooler weather, a nice breeze but some days got a bit hot. We did tons of walking, visited a historic haunted hotel, and learned a ton of history. Right up my husband's alley. :-) Nothing more that I love than being with my family on fun trips doing out of the ordinary things. We even got to go in some of the neatest, most vintage Christmas boutiques which we all absolutely went crazy in being that that is our favorite time of the year! Meag and I looked at each other and at the same time said, "I'm so excited about the holidays!" She is so my daughter. Love it!

This year has simply flown by. Another birthday is upon me. Another school year is about to start. Another quarter for the magazine is being started. Another anniversary is going to be celebrated with my amazing husband. Gosh, life just passes so fast. Makes you want to slow down a bit and cherish the simple and small things in life and relish in the memories. I am so blessed. Mike walked up to me the other night and picked me up, gave me the most wonderful kiss and said, "I just fell in love with you all over again." I mean, he is the BEST husband I could have ever asked for. All of my friends ask if I can just clone him for them. :-) We just love being married. We love our down time. We love our busy time. We love our alone time and family time. We love it all because we are together. His little winks, his soft touches, his passionate kisses and his heartfelt love notes and messages just make me feel like the most special woman on earth. I am so lucky to call him my husband. My mom always tells me, "Natalie, I have never seen a man, besides your dad, look at a woman with absolute adoration the way Mike looks at you." He warms my heart. He loves me. And, I love him. We will be married 6 years this year and I cannot wait to celebrate years and years with him. He always tells me I am his soul-mate and it's true. We just were meant to be. :-)

Going to cherish the last weeks of summer doing everything under the sun, literally, and have a blast doing it all!

Cheers to summer fun!

0 comments: