
It's carving season! We go from carving pumpkins to carving turkeys and it seems like once September is here, the holidays fly by. I wish it would go S-L-O-W! We picked out our pumpkins, chose our design, got out our tools and started carving! As we spread out our trash bags, pinned our design on the pumpkin, I was thinking back on a few years ago...we had just gotten custody of our precious Meag. She was safe from all harm from that woman and she would be home forever. I remember that year was so very special to all of us. Meag was ecstatic and Mike and I were so very thankful for God bringing her home safely. There is not a day that goes by that I don't count my blessings for that. So, as we were in our pajamas, coffee in hand, and Hocus Pocus on the tv, we were ready to go. Now, I must say that daddy is the BEST pumpkin carver in the entire world! So Meag and I always pick out a fun, yet difficult design and let him trace it all out. We gut the pumpkin, clean the seeds, soak them and toast them...DELICIOUS! As I was sitting watching my sweet family make yet another Halloween memory, I remember growing up doing this exact same thing with my family. I would play witches with my sister and we would fly around the house as Hocus Pocus actors, while mom and dad giggled and watched.
Our pumpkin was carved and now came the time to light it and put the top on! It turned out PERFECT! We light it each night and it sits opposite of Winifred, our witch.
The first chilly day of fall was this morning and it feels WONDERFUL! I can't wait for the cooler and cold weather to light a fire, roast marshmallows, drink hot chocolate, and have game night around the fire!
Need to start my Christmas shopping but I LOVE the hustle and the bustle and the business of the holidays. Cooking with my daughter, snuggling with my hubby by the fire, and lots of family time around our tree with my mom, dad, grandma, and sis.


0 comments:
Post a Comment