
This past Sunday was Mike and I's 1 year anniversary! Yes, one whole year...Can you believe it?!!! Boy, did it fly by. So much has happened this year from us both graduating from SMU, to Meag starting first grade and Mike and I both taking new and excting jobs and starting new experiences together! Since our anniversary was on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate on Saturday, December 16th. We started out eating dinner at Rick Stein's steakhouse and enjoyed a delicious steak, salad, onion rings, dessert drink, and dessert and yes...I had to be rolled out of the restaurant, I was so full. We then headed to the Hotel Adolphus. If you aren't familiar with the Adolphus, it is the most beautiful, romantic, intimate hotel in Dallas! Mike and I had our reception there and thought it would be perfect to celebrate our one year anniversary where our marriage began. We got to the Adolphus and went up to the room. Ironically, it was the same room my bridesmaids and my mom got ready in the day of the wedding, so it was even more special (thanks to the wonderful Paula)! It was the junior suite and was absolutely beautiful!! We had champagne, two champagne glasses and a card waiting in the room, at the bar for us. We had matching robes that were adorable and very comfortable, I might add! We talked and reminisced on what we were doing this very night a year ago and where our journey has gone this first year. I never thought Mike and I could grow any closer, but everyday, we fall more in love and just enjoy each other's time so much! We opened our cards to one another, and yes...I boo-hooed. Mike's card was absolutely precious! We woke up the next morning and grabbed coffee at the Starbucks right next to the Adolphus and enjoyed the crisp, cool air as we rode with the top down. Our year anniversary was so special and I can only imagine what the future years will bring us!
We will post some pictures soon!


0 comments:
Post a Comment