Sunday, April 15, 2007

Breath of fresh air



"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."

Sunshine, welcome. What a beautiful day it was today! Such a change from the weather we had on Friday and Saturday. It amazes me how one day it can be rainy and chilly and then within 24 hours, our shades are on and we are enjoying the sunshine on a patio. It is days like these that God opens my eyes, even more, to all of the beauty He has created. Watching the flowers bloom, the insects flutter, and the rays of sunshine make me enjoy the simple life and want more of it. I told myself that this year I was going to slow down, but let me tell you...it is hard! I am like my mother and we run, run, run. I enjoy it though, but I also love sitting back, relaxing with my husband and lil' one, enjoying family time. Today was such a relaxing day and I need more of those. We are looking forward to the summer and have so many fun things planned. Just being outside makes me feel closer to God and all of the wonderful creations He has made. He amazes me in so many ways and being amongst all of His makings, is truly a blessing.

0 comments: