Monday, December 17, 2007

Serendipity


On this very day, two years ago, I was getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry the man of my dreams. My soulmate. I was filled with so many emotions that day. Anxious, ecstatic, happy, loved, thankful, blessed, and so many more. I was so confident that I was marrying the man that God had made for me. As the doors opened, and I walked down the aisle with my daddy, I knew he was giving me away to a man that would love, cherish, and take care of me as long as I lived. The day flew by but I remember every detail of it. A bridesmaid luncheon at 9 (which was my favorite shower out of the 12 showers I had) where we did an ornament exchange, drank mimosas, ate wonderful food, and I gave each of my girlfriends their gifts. So fun! Just all of my favorite gals on such a special day. Then we headed out to the Adolphus to get ready in our suite but stopped by my favorite place, Starbucks, before arriving. We all sat around and chatted and before we knew it, the hair and makeup people were there and we started getting ready. Our wedding had been planned for almost a year and a half and I couldn’t believe it was finally here. While getting Meag dressed, she kept saying, “Mommy, I am so glad we are getting married today! We will finally be the Tastles!” It made my heart melt and she was glued to me the whole day. I was so proud of her and what a big girl she was. All dolled up, she brought tears to my eyes. That little body with those delicate ballet slippers and a heart filled with love for mommy and daddy that were becoming one. Before we knew it, we were at Perkins Chapel hearing the chatter of the people pouring in. My daddy walked in the door with a present and handed me the most exquisite pearl earrings with a matching pearl necklace. Instant tears. I love my daddy so much and I will cherish those forever. As we finished getting ready, the room door opened and my wedding coordinator brought me a letter that Mike had sent to me. It was the most heartfelt letter and it made me want to run down the aisle to him right at that moment. He is such an amazing man. The string quartet started playing and it was time to begin. As my family and my girls walked down the aisle, I was overwhelmed with happiness and I could not thank God enough for all of these blessings. The doors closed and my daddy and I walked forward. The doors opened and he looked at me and said, “Babe, you ready?” I winked and said, “Yes.” The minute I saw Mike, I lost it. He was standing there. So handsome and the biggest smile. His eyes were filled with tears. Our eyes never looked away from each other. I kissed my daddy and he gave me to Mike. I just remember thinking, I am about to be married to the most wonderful man and have the most wonderful daughter. Life could not be better. As our vows were said and the ceremony ended, it was the most amazing feeling. I had dreamt about this and prayed so hard for this for so long and it was finally here. The rest of the night was history! Lots of dancing, chatting with friends and family, delicious food, toasts and kissing my HUSBAND all night long. I loved calling him that word. My husband! I am truly blessed to say, I married my soulmate.

I remember every detail and every feeling and emotion I had that day. That was the best day of my life.

Happy 2 year anniversary, Mike! I love you more and more each day and you are the love of my life.

1 comments:

A day in the life of the Bodkins... said...

Nat-

Happy two year anniversary! Congrats! I am so happy for you two - you couldn't sound happier! We wish you all the best in the years to come!

Love,
Lindsay and Eric