
Sipping coffee on the porch in Maine...cuddling with my husband in bed...laughing with Meag until we cry...early mornings watching the sun rise...reading a book in my favorite chair...cooking a meal for my family...hot bubble baths...playing outside on a sunny day...picnics in the park...
More of the simple life is what I yearn for. Last August, as we sat on the porch in Maine, I vowed to myself that I would take out the "hectic" part of my life and slow down the "rush" I so often led. Almost 6 months later, I must say, I have slowed down a bit. Not NEARLY as much as needed. I was looking through pictures today of our Maine trip and realized that having clam chowder on the waterfront, watching the hummingbirds at the feeder, and the beautiful sun setting behind the lighthouse are all moments I want to bottle up and pull out when my week is stressful. I want more simple times. I need to find simple times in the busy city life I live. This weekend was a "simple" weekend with my husband and it was so enjoyable. Every moment I spend with my husband is enjoyable but there is something that is so refreshing when we aren't running from here to there. We went and saw an early movie, went to dinner, did a little shopping, sat at home and sipped coffee while talking about us and how in love we are. It was so nice to just be this weekend. I want to look back on this year and say that I had more simple moments and don't feel exhausted from running all over the place. Now I know some of that is inevitable with being a mommy and the job I have, but even though I do like running around and being Mrs. Busy Body, I also want to be Mrs. Serenity. I love being a mommy and being a busy mommy at that. However, for myself, I need to slow down a bit. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment