Saturday, May 10, 2008

Busy bees


Well, it has now been about 3 weeks since we moved in our very first home. And I must say- there are STILL boxes needing to be unpacked. :) I have vowed to try to take a box a night. We had our lush couch delivered and I LOVE it! We are still in need of purchasing some things (dining room table, guest bed, coffee table) but we have time for that. Mike spent a great deal of time building this spacious, bricked dog house for Jack and boy is Jack in dog Heaven. He loves being able to go in there if he wants some shade but most of the time, we see him out there soaking up the sun. He LOVES his backyard and doesn’t know what to do with all of this space. It is funny to watch him chase the birds that land on the fence.

Meag is absolutely in love with her room. We are in the process of re-doing her room to make it Paris themed. Lush ivories, creams, chocolate browns, with a dash of soft pinks. She is so excited and I am so excited to tone down her room from those bright lime green, hot pink, and almost fluorescent colors. :) She started her new school last Wednesday and absolutely loves it! Mike and I prayed for her first day to go smoothly and as we walked her in, she seemed so confident, excited, and not a bit nervous little girl. Much different from her mommy. I was in 6th grade going to Dallas Christian, not knowing anyone and had my mom walk me in ( I know, I know...I was a bit clingy). I was just so proud of Meag. She gave us kisses and hugs and said “Bye mommy, bye daddy” and off we went. When she wasn’t living at home, we would have to pry her off but now that she is home, she is so much more peaceful. What a true blessing. It is so nice to be able to let her sleep later, enjoy our mornings and not have to rush them, and take walks at night before it gets too late. I just love watching her grow. She is so inquisitive and opinionated. She loves her neighborhood and so do we. Families are constantly out playing, walking, going to the park, etc.

Mike and I are trying to finish our bedroom pillows and then will start working on fabric for our drapes. My husband is just the most wonderful, gentle, easy going man. He will let me decorate my home and just says, “Babe, I like the same things so if you find something you like, get it and I’m sure it will be beautiful.” He loves to go with me while I shop, too. Probably to watch that I don’t get out of control with my “spending” but I love it! He is just such a good dad and husband. We feel so blessed to have this house, Meag home, great jobs, wonderful family and friends.

We have so many fun things planned for this summer and our first house party is Memorial Day! YEA! Better start gathering fun recipes!

I promise to post more pics soon!

0 comments: