Thursday, May 29, 2008

Splish Splash!


Summer is here! Hot days, splashing in the pool, fresh lemonade, sunscreen, and cooking out. So much has been going on that I haven't even had time to sit down and blog lately. So much updating to do!

Mommy's Day is always bitter sweet for me as I get to enjoy my mom and mother-in-law, and my grandma but I don't get to spend the day with my sweet little Meag. This year, we celebrated it early. She made me the neatest cookbook at school with all of these yummy recipes and wrote the sweetest note in the entire world. I also got another homemade card and a card from the store! They were all filled with words straight from her heart..."thank you for being the best mommy in the world...thank you for protecting me...thank you for praying with me!" I mean INSTANT tears in my eyes. I then opened up my gift which was the most luscious, white robe EVER from Pottery Barn with my initials in pink! LOVE IT! It was such a wonderful Mommy's day! She is so thoughtful and I will cherish those sweet little words that she writes. She just cried when she knew she couldn't spend the day with me. I wanted to cry but I had to be strong for her.

Then, before we knew it, it was Memorial Day. Our FIRST party in our NEW home! AGH! We still had boxes but we quickly moved those to the garage, tidied up the house, and hibernated in the kitchen while cooking up a storm. Meag and I had so much fun preparing everything and Mike used his new smoker to smoke chickens that were scrumptious! We not only had people over, we had 16 people over! We had a blast!!! I can't wait for the next party!

Then... it was June and Meag was out of school. Graduated the 2nd grade. Man, I am getting old. She used to be so little and is now going into 3rd grade. She never ceases to amaze me- she decided when we moved that she wanted to transfer schools so she could meet her new friends before summer. She transitioned so well! I was the one that had the nervous stomach and she did just fine. She had the sweetest teacher and once again, God blessed our family. So many things to be thankful for.

Summer is off to a great start and Meag is loving her camp. She is constantly talking about it. Many more hot days, splashes in the pool and cold sno-cones left to enjoy!



xo-N

0 comments: