
So many things to catch up on. It's been a while since I have sat down at the computer long enough to type.
A couple of weeks ago, I took off some much needed time simply for rest, to get recharged and to get around to some much overdue tidying up and decorating. A WHOLE WEEK! Monday and Tuesday I spent some precious time with Meag and we had so much fun before she had to leave for July. She was so mad, cried and cried and we were all just counting down the days until she came back home. How times have changed when we used to love July and now we hate it as we see her very little through this month. We hope to see her more than we think. We got her a cell phone so she could call us when she wanted so she didn't have to ask Casey . It has been really great for her as she can go up to the room she stays in over there and call and talk to us in private. She is so ready to come home and we are so ready for her to come home. All we can do is pray for her safe return and that this time goes by fast. I decided to take the rest of the week off, too and get some me time. :) I must admit, I don't get much of me time simply because I get bored and hate being away from my family. I will have all of these fun things planned like watching hopeless romantic movies for the day, doing some scrapbooking, reading, and by the time lunchtime comes around, I'm ready to have my husband and daughter home with me going to do fun things. Don't get me wrong. I love time alone but just not too much. As I get older though, I love just curling up with a good book, on my chase lounge, and reading for hours. No noise, just the quiet house. I need time like that for me. To recharge mommy and wife battery. :) I absolutely love being a wife and mommy. It is something that only wives and moms understand. To hear your child running downstairs in the morning to wake you up and to curl up in your husband's arms at nighttime are my most favorite things. However, when I slow down, I tend to get sick. Never fails. Wednesday I woke up and was stuffed with allergies for the next two days. Oh well, at least I was able to rest at home and simply chill. Monday came WAY too soon.
Now we are in July. The HOT time of the year. The time that makes me yearn more and more for those crisp, cool nights of fall. The nights where you take a walk and wear a light jacket. Unfortunately, those nights are not anytime soon. Mike and I have been enjoying some alone time, getting some things done around the house, & getting back into our workout regimen. Whew! Boot camp at 6am in the morning kicks my butt. But, I love it. I love waking up early and working out and starting my day but by 2, I start to crash. Then by 3, I'm on my second wind. Good, sweaty times.
Mike and I have completely re-done Meag's room. We absolutely love it!!!! I will post pics soon. She wanted her room done in Vintage Paris so that is what we did. Gold, ivory, a new BEAUTIFUL iron bed, chenille ivory chair, off-white hope chest, hat lamp, Paris pictures, etc., etc., etc. It is so pretty and girly. She will be so excited.
Last night Mike and I went to this sushi making class at Kenichi and it was SOOOO fun! We both love sushi but Mike could literally eat it for every-single-meal. When we left, he wanted to immediately run out and buy the stuff you need to roll your own sushi rolls at home. It was quite amusing because our chef made it look like a piece of cake but when you actually put your hands to work, I had spicy tuna shooting out the sides of the roll. :-) Much harder than it looks. We had a blast though.
Now finishing my third book of the summer and as we count down the days in July, we are finishing up the odds and ends to her room, making the last of our alone time, catching late night movies, and getting more and more excited about Meag coming back home.


1 comments:
Wow you are one busy lady! It is good to hear that you doing so well :)
Post a Comment