All of this rain is just what we needed. Great for our grass. Great for our flowers. Great for our spirits. Normally, I'm not much for the rain however, I love it. I love when it is raining outside and I am snuggled up on the couch with my daughter and husband watching a movie. I love laying next to my husband in bed, watching the rain pour and lightning light up the sky as if it was 4th of July. After a good rain and the sun pops out, everything feels so cleansed. We have a chaise lounge in our bedroom and I spend much time there just reading, drinking coffee, just being. Sometimes it is so good to just BE. Reminds me of a Kathryn Hepburne quote,"I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun."
Especially when your "BE-ing" consists of lounging in your cute comfies. Nothing better than that.
With all of this rain cooling off the weather, it reminds me that Fall is right around the corner! I just get so giddy inside and can't wait for those cool, brisk mornings of going on a walk in a long sleeved t-shirt and shorts and taking in the smell of the Fall wind and seeing the leaves start to change color. Before we know it, pumpkins will be out on display, Hocus Pocus will be playing over and over in our house, and it will be time to bring down the Christmas tree. LIfe flies by so fast. I wish that when Fall hits, time would go veeerrrryyyyy ssslllooooooowww. Just hopeful thinking...
This weekend is my husband's 10 year HS reunion! We are very excited to go. I am excited to meet and see his friends. 10 years goes by fast and it will be fun to see how much people have changed. I'll let you know how it goes.


0 comments:
Post a Comment