
Summer is officially here in my book-the pools are opened, the sno cone lady has opened her stand, and I pass lemonade stands in the neighborhood. Normally, I don't get just too, too excited for Summer because my fave is Fall and Winter. However, since I have nestled in my house and grown older, I LOVE summer! The sounds of kids splashing in the pools, pulling out the water guns for tag, the slip-n-slide, spending nights outdoors cooking out with friends and family. LOVE it! There are so many memories I have from growing up that I hold so close to my heart. For example, I remember my dear sister and I getting so excited about bringing the slip-n-slide out on the side of our house and sliding ALL the way down the hill on this wet, slippery piece of yellow material. I had such fond memories of it when I was little that I thought every kid should have a slip-n-slide so, I went and bought one. Now, let me say that I have come to the realization that when you are little, you remember everything as sooo much bigger and sooo awesome! Well, not always the case. :-) After Meag and I got back from the pool, we all set up the slip-n-slide. Even on the box it looked so big! WRONG! A 2 year old would have had a blast but talk about being TINY! And I mean T-I-N-Y! It not only had a super short slide but it was the narrowest slide ever! Mike, Meag and I just sat there laughing. Mike was like, "Either I remember it completely wrong or they just don't make things like they used to." Needless to say, after a couple of slides and laughs, we realized it was just too small. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Summer is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to plant with Meag, have more cookouts, eat on picnics outside and soak up the sun! I'm sure after about 2 weeks of the hot sun, I will be yearning for Fall! hehe
Happy Summer everyone!


0 comments:
Post a Comment