Tuesday, January 26, 2010



"A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."

To my sweet, precious Meag,

I remember you crawling up in bed when you were 3, snuggling up ready for story time. I remember hearing you giggling at trying to scare daddy as he came around the corner. I remember you calling, "Mommy, I'm awake! Mommy, come here, please." over the monitor. I remember seeing your face light up on Christmas morning ready to see what Santa had brought. I remember us cooking and surprising daddy when he got home from work. I remember you watching me put my makeup on in the mirror asking if you could help. I remember you running to me with those little feet and jumping into my arms ready to have a fun-filled weekend. I remember us all kneeling and saying our bedtime prayers together as you begged for God to bring you home for good. I remember shooing away the bugs or flies that you were so frightened of and naming them so they would become our friends that hung out outside. I remember kissing your boo boo's and putting bandaids on that would be there for two weeks because you hated taking bandaids off. I remember running bubble baths for you and hearing you splash around with your toys. I remember your first day of Kindergarten. I remember coming to peek on you sleeping...so peacefully now. I remember you getting up enough courage to get your ears pierced and holding your hand through it all. I remember seeing you getting ready in the mirror for your first day of 4th grade excited to see who is in your class. I remember all of our traditions, old and new, that we have made. I remember the feeling of excitement in our family when we found out you were home for good. I remember our endless thank you's to our Lord and Savior.

You are almost 10 and I look back on these years and hold them so close to my heart. You make my heart smile, you make me laugh with your cute personality, you make daddy and I so proud to have you as our daughter. I love you to the Heavens above.

Thank you, Lord, for my dear husband, my precious little girl, and my wonderful, loving family.

0 comments: