
Little Falls, NY population-3,000. Such a beautiful, quaint town. Hills covered in snow. Lakes iced over. Some of the oldest rocks of the Adirondack mountains. A place with tons of history.
Mike, Meag and I were super excited to take a little trip to NY to celebrate our dear George's 90th birthday. The man still drives, golfs, and gets around very well. Such a handsome little old man that wears a pie hat everyday and the same sweater. His interesting and endless stories captivated us the entire time. From World War 2 to never learning how to swim to him growing up in this quaint town, we have stories to hold close to our heart. As we packed our bags (Meag and I always tend to overpack :-)), we headed to the airport at 5 am and boarded the plane to head to NY. Meag loves flying and after taking our Dramamine, we were ready to take off! Meag and I played, read, and had little snacks on the plane all while daddy dozed in and out. :-) Yes, Meag and I got that video camera out and videotaped him snoozing. So funny! After we landed, we headed to the hotel and changed, unpacked and headed out to explore the town and meet family for dinner. Meag's first time up in this area around this much snow so needless to say, she was constantly digging and playing in the snow every chance she got. We went snowmobiling, sledding, tubing, and ice skating! It was FREEZING but we were all bundled up in all of our snow gear and got tons of pictures, tons of video, and came home with amazing memories.
Didn't want to head home and can't wait to head back up there. Next time, we are definitely going to make a trip to NYC so Meag and I can get in some shopping and we can see some plays!
Love taking these family trips and cherish all this time we have together. I feel so very blessed.


0 comments:
Post a Comment