Thursday, June 3, 2010

School's out for SUMMER!!!!

As I sang Meag to sleep last night and scratched her back, it reminded me of when she was itty bitty and I would scratch her back until she fell fast asleep. Even if that took two hours. I would hold her little hand in mine and enjoy that special time. Now, she is in 4th grade about to graduate and it is so special to me that I still hear those same words, "Mommy, will you sing and scratch my back until I fall asleep?" OF COURSE!!!! Love her to pieces. Her sweet, little spirit. Her precious, innocent heart that loves so deep. As we are getting all of her school papers that she has done in her 4th grade year, she brought me this piece of notebook paper and it read:

"The Best mommy of all times
Neat and pretty
Amazing person
Talented
Artistic
Loving
Intelligent
Elegant
I love you, Mommy!!!!"

Tears formed in my eyes. My sweet, sweet Meag is just so precious. All the little love notes I receive just make mommy-hood perfect! So, after tomorrow, I will have an official 5th grader! 4th grade was so much fun and was very special because Meag was able to come home for forever! YAY!

Just last week, my wonderful husband and I were able to sneak away to Vegas for the UFC fight! Oh how much fun we had! Just being with him and having nice, romantic dinners was so wonderful. I just love him so much and even though I love our family time, I LOVE our alone time, too. Walking hand in hand down Las Vegas Blvd., going to the UFC fan expo and getting fighter's autographs and pictures, trying out new restaurants and doing some shopping was simply fabulous. Mon Ami Gabi and Prime are two of our faves!! Had so much fun with my man and feel so very blessed to share such fun times with him!

After coming back from Vegas, we had a house full for Memorial Day and had such fun times being with family, going to the pool and cooking out! I am so glad all my family lives in town. It's perfect, we never miss out on anything!

Cheers to summertime!

0 comments: