Wednesday, May 5, 2010


"There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.
There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.
For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above."


Mommy's Day has come and gone-One of the most precious days of the year. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful and special mom. She is my very best friend and as I think back on my childhood, I have the most fond memories of playing croquet in the backyard, getting mani's together, always coming home to a candle lit in my freshly cleaned room. Her cheering me on at track or saying prayers about cheerleading tryouts. Her packing our bags getting ready to travel for drill team...she was always by my side. Always someone I could count on and still can count on. Encouraging us to do our very best at school and telling us we could do anything. Seeing her and my dad cooking in the kitchen thinking about how I want a husband and a marriage like that when I grow up. I have the best mom in the world. She always had our family at her first thoughts. She is so patient and kind to everyone. She loves her family so deeply. I loved her so very much. And my precious grandma, too. One of the most Godly women, I know. I see where my mom learned it all from.

Mommy's day was extra special this year because Meag and I were together. Mommy and daughter ALL DAY LONG!! I woke up to my sweet, precious daughter with coffee in her hand saying, "Mommy, Happy Mother's Day, wake up, mommy." Those sweet, little arms wrapped around my neck and gave me such a big squeeze. She crawled in bed and Mike came around the corner from hiding with the camera. :-) I opened my cards, read them and cried. They were so sweet. She teared up and said, "You're the best mommy in the world." Made my heart melt. It was such a special day for us...we were finally able to be together on this meaningful day. She had made this precious hand painted flower pot at school with seeds in it that she had been watering to have a beautiful bloom. It is so adorable!! I also opened the most beautiful smoky quartz ring from Italy they got me. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I could not have asked for better gifts!!! We all laid in bed talking, laughing, and just spending family time together. It was the most wonderful start to such a special day. Meag kept telling me all day, "Mommy, I'm just so glad I'm with you today and I can celebrate Mommy's Day with MY mommy this year. It is the best Mommy's day." We just hugged and walked hand in hand all day. Couldn't have been any better. I can't wait to spend many more with my precious little girl. I love her crawling in our bed at night and us scratching backs while watching tv. I cherish each and every moment with her. When we are cooking in the kitchen together or when we are drawing with chalk on the sidewalk or getting ready in the mornings together...I love her being at my side. She is so precious to me. She said the other day, "Mommy, when I hug you, I just feel so close to you and so warm in my heart." I teared up. She has the sweetest heart and I feel so blessed to have her as my daughter and I feel so blessed to be her mommy. I love you my sweet Meag.

Spending time with my beautiful mom and grandma and my mom-in-law was such a blessing. We ate, talked, visited, and laughed. I had such a wonderful day with these lovely women in my life. God has blessed me and I am so very, very thankful.

It was so chilly outside yesterday, felt great and, reminded me that fall will be here before we know it!! Meag and I already are planning our Halloween party this year. :-) Of course, that is after we have already planned the summer gatherings. :-)

Mother's Day is such a special, special time of the year and I was so blessed to have my little girl, my mom, my mom-in-law, and my grandma to share it with. Happy Mommy's Day!

0 comments: