
“In the childhood memories of every good cook, there's a large kitchen, a warm stove, a simmering pot and a mom.”
Ever since Meag was little, I always let her play and cook in the kitchen with me. I remember spending time with my mom in the kitchen, learning different recipes and wanted to have Meag grow up the same way. So, whether it was cooking dinner, baking Christmas goodies, or making up a new recipe (which Meag LOVES to do) we always had fun cooking together. When we lived in our condo, even though the kitchen was tiny, Meag would find a spot on the counter, we would put our aprons on and started the fun. Our very favorite time of cooking is in the fall when there is a crisp, cool wind. We open the windows and play music...so fun. Mike pops his head in every couple of minutes seeing if there is anything he can "sample" yet. :-) Meag and I always loved cooking for him and surprising him with our homemade goodies. As I started cooking dinner tonight, I hear Meag rushing down the stairs saying, "Ooh, Mommy, can I help you cook?" "Well, of course!" I say. We put on our aprons and cooked away. I always love spending quality time together and what better way than to teach her little kitchen tricks! We were talking about how excited we were for Christmas and the holidays to get here! Like mommy, like daughter! I just love my daughter to pieces and love that she is growing up remembering and cherishing the traditions I loved and cherished so much when I was little. I'm so very blessed to have such a loving and sweet husband and such a precious and adorable little girl to make memories like this with. Thank you, Lord, for my special family.


0 comments:
Post a Comment