“Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest”Home is where my family is. Home is our sweet place where we say our prayers, cozy up on the couch together, and rest our heads at night. Home is our comfortable and safe haven. Home is where we lounge in pajamas and spend dear family time together. Home is also where I grew up. Home is going back and bringing my family to make memories together. As we had a busy and fun-filled weekend, we had planned to go to my parents and spend the night on Saturday night. One of our favorite things to do. I feel so blessed that I have parents that are our very best friends. We have an absolute wonderful time filled with lots of laughter when we get together. So, we were all packed up ready to head to a birthday party first and then to my previous "home". A home that is still, to this day, filled with so much love and fond memories. We were always the type of family that was so spontaneous and did things spur of the moment. Perfect example: we got over there around 9:40 and mom said she was a bit hungry so what did we do?! We all jumped in the car and headed to one of our fave Italian "hole in the wall" restaurants. They closed at 10, we quickly found out, but knowing the owner sometimes gets you in after hours. So, our good friend, Dino, said, "You drive from Friscooo, we fix you a nice dinner. Come, sit down my friends." THE BEST FOOD & THE BEST SERVICE! Family owned, wonderful people, and amazing cooks! So, after being stuffed full of homemade pasta, homemade salad, homemade garlic rolls (drenched in BUTTER!) and Dino's surprise entree...we had to be rolled out. :-) And not to mention the most DELICIOUS coffee Meag and I had ever tasted. I mean, favoloso! By the time we got back home, it was 11:30 and we visited for a while and called it a night. There is just something about having my family all together in the house I grew up in. It is so warm and endearing. There are so many stories and memories still that you see hanging on the walls or laying on top of trunks in albums. My mom and I were going through some of my baby and childhood stuff looking at what I want to keep for our little ones. We came across my Beatrix Potter tea set. Oh my dainty tea set that I used to play with all...the...time! I would serve my mom, dad, sister, teddy bears, barbies, and baby dolls out of this glass tea set. So, of course, I must pass that down to my sweet Meag. We wrapped it up and brought it home! One of the most wonderful things about being a mommy is being able to pass things down to your children and watch them play with it and add their own imagination to it. So now, Meag has my Beatrix Potter tea set and when she has a little sister (in the near future!), they can play tea party together. :-)
Even though this weekend might have been go, go, go...I spent it with my dear husband, my sweet Meag,my loving parents and some time with my dear Grandma on Sunday....I wouldn't have rather had it any other way.


2 comments:
It's funny you should write about this now, because I went to visit my Granny at Chambrell the other day, and I almost made a detour just to drive by your parents' house. I would've, too, but AB needed to get home and take a nap! Oh, how I love their house. So many wonderful childhood memories there for me, too! Your house was always one of my favorite places to go. I'm glad you still have that to take your sweet family to! Would love to go visit your parents someday to relive those fun childhood memories!
Oh, Jen! Weren't those fun times?! You totally need to come over when we are there one time and bring AB! They would love to meet her and so would we!!! Miss you tons and can't wait to catch up over coffee! XO
Post a Comment