
"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other and the spirit of Christmas" U.A.
12 days until Christmas! I can't believe that Christmas is almost here! The weather has been so extreme lately that on those warmer days, it is kind of crazy to look at a lit Christmas tree. :-) Cooler weather is on its way and a White Christmas is looking unlikely for this year but that's okay. We got a lot here last year and we won't ever forget it! After Thanksgiving, it felt like the weeks have flown by. Now, we are less than two weeks away and there is still Christmas shopping left to do! I don't mind running to the busy, crazy malls where the lines are long, Christmas music is playing and people are walking around with shopping bags and their red Starbucks treats! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and wish I could bottle it up and open it every month!
Meag and I had the MOST fabulous and special mommy/daughter day that we do each year at the holidays...we got 5th row tickets to the Selena Gomez concert!!!! It was an absolute blast! We made t-shirts, bought flowers for Meag to give her on stage and of course, bought all of the memorabilia they were selling! Before the concert, we shopped, ate, drank our Starbucks and just enjoyed and cherished our time together. I just love her to pieces and love that these days mean so much to her just like they do to me. She just lights up my life. Selena Gomez was absolutely adorable and really the only "good girl" left out of the Disney group so it was nice to see her perform in appropriate clothes and dance in appropriate ways!
My husband and I are about to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! I can't believe that we have been married 5 years already! I feel so lucky to be able to wake up next to that special man every morning. He means the world to me and I cherish our marriage to the core. He is the most wonderful man and I thank God for him. He truly is the best husband. Can't wait to spend the whole weekend with just him and I.
We are in search for Meag's Christmas dress and she has her mind set on finding this one dress she had when she was little but now in a young lady size. It was my favorite Christmas dress of hers so hoping to find it before the weekend! I bought Mike the most amazing bow tie the other day and can't wait to see him looking all DAPPER at Christmas! ;-) Now, just need to pick what I am going to wear and then we will be ready for family pics!
I want these next 12 days to go by very, very, very slow. We are not ready for them to be over yet. Meag gets out of school on Friday and we can't wait to spend all next week sleeping in, watching our favorite, classic Christmas movies, snuggling by the fire, playing games by the tree and enjoying our sweet family time. Such a special time of the year and so blessed to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with all of my loved ones.
Merry, Merry Christmas!


0 comments:
Post a Comment