














4 days until Christmas! Oh my goodness, there is excitement in our house! We have made homemade peppermint bark, wrapped almost all of the presents, read our favorite Christmas books and still have some left to read, and watched our favorite Christmas movies! The spirit of Christmas is present in our home! Meag and I are going to make our grocery list for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and Christmas day to share all of our yummies with our family. Of course, we are trying some new recipes this year. I just love when Meag gets out of school for Christmas break and there are no "bed times", we shop till we drop, and Christmas music is playing 24/7 everywhere we go! :-)
This past weekend, Mike and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! It was amazing! We had the BEST time! He surprised me and flew home early from a business trip and we had the whole weekend spending time together...just the two of us. We had an amazing dinner at a steakhouse, visited a winery, shopped, saw a movie, and stayed at the most beautiful suite at the Adolphus. We went and looked at our ballroom where we celebrated our marriage 5 years ago and that ballroom still gives us chills when we walk in. It is simply breathtaking. We had drinks at the French Room, enjoyed a band and sat by the fire. Truly romantic. I got the most heartfelt card with the sweetest note from my hubby and a FABULOUS black, crocodile, diamond Michele watch! Stunning! The funny thing is, is that we both got each other watches! :-) Great minds think alike. As we were enjoying a wonderful, romantic dinner, we were talking about what the next 5 years would bring to us. These first 5 years have been pure bliss so can't even imagine how it could get any better! We just love spending time together and we laughed the whole weekend. He makes me giddy inside and I thank God every day for my sweet husband. He is so very special and I love him more and more each day. 5 years ago, I married a man that was my soulmate and my very best friend. I get to wake up next to him, give him a kiss whenever I want, and get to share my life with him. Couldn't have asked for a better husband.
Now, just a couple of last minute gifts to buy, a few more stocking stuffers, a trip to the grocery store and I get to do it all with my sweet man and my precious daughter! I LOVE Christmas! Can't wait to sit around and share in this special time with all of our family. Thank you, God, for this special holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"
Merry, Merry CHRISTmas!


0 comments:
Post a Comment