
Editing a story underneath a perfectly lit, romantic lamp, a cup of coffee, Jack chewing on his rawhide, and Meag sleeping soundly in our bed. She is my bed partner since my hubby is out of town for the night. The house is quiet, almost silent. Meag and I always have our mommy/daughter rituals when Mike is out of town. We cook homemade pizza, she cooks a yummy dessert, and we play games in bed and watch tv and scratch. Oh how I cherish these times! I will say that she is the best snuggle partner. I remember doing the same thing with my mommy when I was little. I do miss my hubby when he is gone though...a lot. I have never been and will never be one of those wives that is okay with having her husband travel on long business trips. We are just too inseparable to do that. We like to be sleeping beside each other every night and waking up together in the mornings. Good thing his trips are only for a day or two here and there. :-) Can't live without my man. But, when he is gone, Meag and I get in some wonderful mommy/daughter time. We get a lot of this time any way while daddy is still at work or her and I grab our Starbucks and go shopping...it is such a special time.
I cannot believe how quickly January has flown by. It feels like we were just screaming "Happy New Year" and giving kisses to one another and now it is almost February. My handsome and amazing hubby celebrated his 31st birthday this past week. Love him more and more and continually feel so overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have him. He got some wonderful gifts and what a special day it was. We had the best time having all of the family there. My sweet Meag's birthday is next! 11 years old...can't believe how big she is getting. Mommy and Daddy are NOT ready for middle school.
What a wonderful start we have had to this year. Looking forward to trips, publishing a magazine, and lots more!


0 comments:
Post a Comment