
11 years old. My sweet Meag is 11 years old. I just can't believe it. She used to be so little, running around in her diaper, walking in mommy's heels, putting on lip gloss, and dressing up like a princess...some of those things haven't changed. :-) I feel so lucky to have her as my mini-me and am one lucky mommy. She is truly a gift to me. She just warms my heart and we are so proud of the little lady she is. She is so kind-hearted, loving, funny, sweet, beautiful (inside and out), fabulous, girlie, fancy, fun, and best daughter in the world. I love you my sweet Meag, my lady love bug.
When we were planning her party this year, she wanted another at home slumber party with her closest friends which warms my heart. Some kids never want their parties at home and always want to go to friend's houses but Meag always love bringing people into our home. I love that. So, of course, we were excited to have it here! After laser tag, pizza, makeovers, karoake, fun games outside and more the girls settled in with a movie and popcorn on their pallets. The giggles of little girls at a sleepover is just precious. We had so much fun. Then, we had a family dinner and got to celebrate her special day once again! Felt so blessed to have so many people around that table that I love so dearly and love her so dearly. We are truly blessed.
Just before her birthday, we had middle school orientation. Yes, I said it, MIDDLE SCHOOL! Okay, now I am NOT ready for her to be in middle school. I still want her to my little girl. Middle school just sounds so old. I must say that as we were sitting there, I whispered to her asking if they allow parents to come and eat lunch and she said," Well, they better have or I'm not coming here." A tear came to my eye. She still loves me being with her as much as possible. LOVE it! That is exactly how I was with my mom. Still love her to the core and she is my very best friend. That is how Meag and I will be. God really knew what He was doing when he chose our family to be put together. Thank you my Lord!!
I have been working on the magazine like crazy and have pulled a lot of all nighters with my creative director putting the final touches on things. A launch party is being planned and the cruise is right around the corner! We can't wait! Countdown has definitely started and boy do I need this vacation! Some rest and relaxation with my most favorite people.
As Meag and I were doing a little shopping today, she looked at me while she was holding my hand and said, "Mommy, I just love being with you." Oh Meag, you warm mommy's heart every day. I love you so much, you will just never know. She is truly the best.


0 comments:
Post a Comment