Meag started her first day of middle school today. Last night we definitely both had the first day jitters but I knew she would do just wonderful! We said our bedtime prayers and then I snuggled with my sweet Meag in bed and we laughed and laughed as I told her stories about my first day at middle school and what memories those years brought. I got up early and cooked her a big, healthy breakfast and made me a cup of coffee. As I was waiting for her alarm to go off, I just sat there, in our quiet, cozy home thinking about how quick my sweet, little girl has grown up. I got so teary-eyed and just thought of her first day in Kindergarten and now she is headed to middle school...all in the blink of an eye. I am so very proud of the daughter we have. She is such a wonderful Christian, sweet and kind hearted, precious to the core, and beautiful inside and out little girl. Some moms worry about their daughters pulling away from them or thinking they are too cool for mom time...not me. I know that Meag and I will be just like my mom and I were. Still best friends and closer than ever. I always feel so loved by my sweet Meag and the first day of school melted my heart even more. As we dropped her off, she asked for me to walk her in (just as I did with my mom, I must point out) and I, of course, was more than willing! I walked her to the middle of her entrance and said, "Okay sweetie, you want to find your friends and walk in the rest of the way..." and just about that time, she saw her girlfriends and they all hugged and started heading to the cafeteria for orientation. Just as I had turned around, I heard the most precious call for me..."Mommy! I love you! Wish me luck!" It was at that very moment, I instantly turned to mush. My sweet, grown up 6th grader had just, once again, made my day. I said, "I love you, too, sweetie and I'll be saying my prayers for you!" I turned and walked away, immediately put my sunglasses on as the tears started streaming. I got in the car and my husband looked at me with the sweetest look and said, "Our girl is growing up!" He gave me the biggest hug and we drove off. I wasn't crying because I was scared for her first day or because I was fearful she would not be able to handle it. Believe me, that poor girl has been through so much in her earlier years, she can handle pretty much anything but I was crying because even though she was a "middle schooler" she still was my little girl. I will always be my mom and dad's little girl and Meag will, too. I cannot thank my Lord enough for blessing me with her. I am truly the luckiest woman on earth to have such a wonderful husband and a precious daughter.
I hope all of the other kiddos had great first days and we are looking forward to a wonderful first year of MIDDLE SCHOOL! It still feels so weird to say!


0 comments:
Post a Comment