Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lots to be thankful for


This Thanksgiving was another wonderful holiday with my sweet family. As Meag and I decorated and set the table for Thanksgiving dinner, I was thinking about all of my blessings this year. Feeling so thankful, I look over at my sweet daughter helping me and thought, "these are memories and traditions that she will pass on to her children one day." As we gathered around our table, laughter filled the room, glasses were clinked, and food was passed. Surrounded by my most favorite people (minus my sis and brother in law that were in Oklahoma), we were making more holiday memories that just keep getting better and better. After getting stuffed with turkey, dressing, broccoli & rice casserole, mac-n-cheese, yams, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pies, and more, it was football time and time to get ready for Black Friday! There is nothing like the holidays. Especially holidays with my family. I am so blessed.

So much to be thankful for this year. A husband that treats me like I am the most special woman in the world, is a romantic and loves me unconditionally. A husband that completes our family and takes care of his girls. A daughter that makes being a mommy so much fun, gives me the biggest hugs and the sweetest kisses, and that always tells me how much I mean to her. A daughter that makes me laugh, is my little twinkie, and that has turned into a beautiful, young lady. A mom and dad that I call my best friends. They mean the world to me and I am so very thankful that God chose them to be my parents. They made growing up the best time and I hope I am half the parents they were. I'm thankful for a sister that I absolutely adore. She makes me laugh and we have so many inside jokes that only her and I find funny. A brother in law that is hysterical and already fits in our family. A grandma that I had so much fun with growing up. Her sweet, soft hands, her tights hugs and her wonderful recipes make this woman so special. She is one of the most Godly women I have ever met and I love her so very much. One of the things that is always at the top of my list every year and one of the things I am most thankful for is God bringing our sweet, little girl home for good. She is safe, at peace, and not scared. She sleeps soundly, gets to share in all of our holidays and memories together and doesn't have to worry about her safety or getting hurt. I am so thankful to Him for that.

Christmas is less than 18 days away and the shopping has began! Christmas cups have been out and the music is bellowing through the stores! Our decorations are up and we are in full Christmas mode! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year!!!!

0 comments: