
When the word "vacation" is mentioned in my family, we all tend to talk at once about all of our memories from vacations that we have taken..." Do you remember when...", "And we saw...", "Oh, now that was fun!" Growing up, I was so blessed to have such a wonderful family that knew the value of "family time." In the Mangum household, movie nights, game nights, road trips, relaxing in the backyard were among our favorite things to do. I feel so blessed that I grew up with a family where we could travel and make memories together that we would remember and look back so fondly at. So, now that we are adults, we can take adult trips! Believe me, adult trips are different from childhood trips. Your whole outlook changes...you want to go to dinner and dancing, and travel to places with simplicity but that are beautiful! So, when mom and dad mentioned a trip to Maine this year, we were ECSTATIC! Not only does this cottage have a waterfront view, but it is also simple yet breathtaking with a huge porch that overlooks a lighthouse! Yes, dreamy, I know! I can't wait to curl up in a wicker chair and sink my nose into a good book, with a cup of coffee. We also get to have candlelight dinners while eating lobster fresh from the sea! I don't think life gets better than that. The best part is, we will have family time! Now, I must admit, we see my parents ALL the time but they are our favorite people to hang out with! Your relationship changes so much as you grow older...the conversations, the activities, etc. Our time with them is just so fun! So, needless to say, we are so excited about this trip! And, I can't wait to go buy some big hats, white and navy clothing, cute sandals, and summery dresses! This trip is much needed and I am looking forward to traveling with my family and sightseeing! The word "vacation" is such a memorable word and not only because of the places we traveled to, but because of the simple things we did as a family that were SO fun!


0 comments:
Post a Comment