Sunday, December 30, 2007

A precious love


There is nothing like a child's love. Their innocence. Their enormous, open hearts. It is a love that is so deep. Meag's love warms our hearts to the core. It never fails that every time Meag and I are out, someone, somewhere, comes up and says how much we look alike. I used to let them know that she was my s-daughter (I hate that word) but it hurt her feelings so bad and she would say, "Mommy, that hurts my feelings. I am your daughter and in my heart, you are my mommy and I want you to tell everyone that I am your daughter." I realized, in her heart, I was her mommy and to her, that is all that matters. I never say that word anymore. In my heart, she is my daughter and that is all that matters. We are so much alike and we do resemble each other. A lot. It is crazy. :) She says, "Mommy, I want to be just like you and I want to be a mommy like you someday." Those are some of the most precious words a child can say. Every move I make, every decision I make, and every step I take, I have a little one that watches me all the way and follows. Yet still has a sense of independence and I love that. That is why, as a parent, it is so important to teach your children about God and have a home filled with love and centered around our Savior. With the way the world is today, it will get harder and harder to shield your children from all of the evil. I know that our God will watch over her and I have faith in Him.

Her love for me is something that I cherish every day. She has been through so much and I know that God brought us together for her to have a mommy she would become so close with. A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer and we have so many more days together, I can't wait to watch her grow into a loving wife, dedicated mommy, and a wonderful friend. She is truly a blessing and our love for each other is irreplaceable.

"A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds." -Author Unknown

0 comments: