
That is one of my new favorite quotes! This past weekend, the Tastles went to a family movie and saw "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." It was super cute and had some great lessons. The storyline was about this magical toy store (that was so amazing!) that was owned by a 243 year-old, eccentric man named Mr. Margorium. Molly Mahoney (Natalie Portman) was an insecure and awkward manager who had been working there for a very long time and couldn't find herself as a person. When Mr. Magorium decided it was his time to go to Heaven, he told her she would now be the owner of the store. She tried to do everything in her power to not let him leave Earth as she was not confident in her ability to handle this. As the store felt her unwillingness to believe, it turned very dark and gloomy. To make a long story short, a small block of wood that Mr. Magorium had given to Molly, was where she finally realized and believed in herself and brought the store back to life. It illustrated how you have to believe in yourself, enjoy life, and to have an imagination as even an adult, is okay. Sometimes we take life too seriously. I know I do and stress about things that are so small in the big scheme of life. Life is short. And precious. As Mr. Magorium said, "Life's an occasion...rise to it!" I love that! Mike and I were talking about it with Meag on the way home and discussing how we never know when it is our time to go but we need to live every day to the fullest. Life isn't about money or who has the most expensive things. It is about being surrounded by family. And love. And joy. Having faith in God to take your life and hold it in His loving arms. As we live our lives on Earth, enjoy it. Take risks. Laugh constantly. Love one another. Let your imagination run. RISE TO IT! In 2008, I want to take more risks. I want to rise to life even more, every day, no matter how tired or busy I am. I want to slow down more and not go, go, go but rather walk briskly. We have one chance on this Earth... so live life!


0 comments:
Post a Comment