Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


Stores no longer have holiday music playing. The Christmas rush is through. The tree is bare and we are already counting down to Christmas next year. As I sit and look back at this Christmas and this year, I am overwhelmed with so many of God's blessings. Not only was Meag home and will be FOREVER (YAY!), we had all the same people sitting around the tree and even some new ones. As Christmas approached this year, as always, our schedules were jammed packed with school parties, Engagement party, get-togethers and just the hustle and bustle of the season in general. In our home, we decorate for Christmas a little before Thanksgiving. I know, it's early, but we like to sit and enjoy coffee by our tree and sit around and play games by the lights. The holidays fly by and getting to enjoy our tree and Christmas decor makes it feel like it hangs around just a little longer. So many traditions, old and new, that get more fun each year. Reading Christmas stories every night to my precious Meag, all snuggling in bed watching the classic Christmas movies, making homemade peppermint hot chocolate, and having the music ring through the house day and night make the holidays magical. Of course, this year was even more special because of the abundance of time we were awarded with my precious lady love bug, Meag. She is the most thoughtful, loving, and big-hearted little girl. It seemed like every day, there was a new "homemade" present under the tree for us. Every year, Meag and I wish, hope, and pray for a White Christmas and by golly, this year, WE GOT ONE! Of all Christmases, when it is so special to us this year, we get a BLIZZARD of snow! How beautiful it was. We have a tradition that started in my family many years ago that we have carried on. Christmas Eve, we get to open one present- pajamas. These are our Christmas pajamas that we wear to Christmas morning. Mike and I continued this tradition with our family so Christmas Eve night, after we got home from my in-laws, and my dear grandma's, Meag ran to the tree with excitement knowing she got to open one gift (even though she knows what it always is ;-)). This year, she got to open two presents early: a monogrammed robe and her Christmas pj's. She looked adorable all snuggled up in her pj's and robe. With the streets being so slick we didn't get home until around 10:30 so immediately after Meag opened her presents, she had to get all bundled up because what is a White Christmas without a SNOWBALL FIGHT?! We headed outside and there was about 6 inches of snow at some places so we made a snowman, pegged each other with snowballs and took winter wonderland pics. It was sooooo much fun! It was COLD but we came in and warmed up with hot chocolate while we made Santa's cookies. We made special cookies for Jesus and sang Happy Birthday to Him because HE is the reason for the season. Meag decorated them and put out the milk and cookies and left Santa a little note. After reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, we said our prayers and tucked her in to bed. It wasn't 5 minutes and she was out! So, my Mike and I made coffee and snuggled by the fire talking about our many blessings this year and how blessed we are. I sat there and looked at him and what an amazing man he is. SUCH a romantic husband, SUCH a dedicated daddy, and the most loving and giving man. He is so special to me. We celebrated our 4 year anniversary and each year keeps getting better and better. I love that man to pieces. After talking, laughing, and tearing up at how fast life flies by, we got ready to put out the Santa gifts under the upstairs tree and left all of the others under our downstairs tree. Yes, we actually have 3 trees in our house. :-) We finally got to bed and 7 am came bright and early! I was up before anyone making coffee and our breakfast just waiting for the pitter patter of Meag's little feet to hit those stairs! As she ran downstairs, we went and woke up daddy and were ready to open presents. After opening presents after presents, our house looked like a tornado had blown through. Meag's class adopted two children this year so we donated to them and helped out another family in need. I want Meag to understand the value of giving back and helping out those in need not just about the gifts we get. She has the most loving and big heart so it makes me so happy to see the joy she gets when giving back. That is what the season is all about. Christmas isn't about the presents but we have always been guilty of making our Christmas's pretty big since we don't do loads and loads of buying during the year. :-) Or at least I tell myself that. After our special Christmas morning, we set out to Grams and Grampas for our traditional scavenger hunt and brunch. Christmas mornings meant the world to me when I was growing up and I want to make those Christmas mornings special for my sweet Meag. But, I must admit that part of me wants to have two Christmas mornings so I can be a kid, too. :-) We all gathered at my dear grandma's house for Christmas Day dinner- a tradition we have also been doing for as long as I can remember. We play games, eat some more, and enjoy our last of the holidays.

This Christmas was one of the best yet! Family, friends, fun times, laughter and many more memories. Thank you God for all of your many blessings.

Countdown to Christmas 2010 begins! :-)

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: