
High kicks, Christmas carols, Santa, toy soliders, and a live nativity...what could be better?! Meag and I have started a new tradition. Each year, during the holiday season, we are going to have an MD day where we choose a musical, play, or some type of Christmas performance to see and stay the night in a hotel. This year--the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes Christmas Spectacular! Wow! What a show! Meag and I started the day off with Starbucks and shopping and enjoying the Christmas spirit in the air. The stores were packed with people and Christmas songs rang throughout the mall. Got some great shopping accomplished! Then off to our hotel we went to get showered and dressed for a fun night! We ate at III Forks and enjoyed a delicious meal! No matter what we were doing that day, we took a slow pace and just enjoyed every minute of our girl time. My sweet Meag is just so precious to me and warms my heart with the sweet things she says. After dinner we headed out to Nokia Theater to see the FABULOUS show! We were so excited!! Once we got there, we just had to visit the souvenir tables! :-) After standing in the line (not nearly as long as I thought it would be), we looked at the plethora of items to buy and walked away with two shirts and the cutest ornament. The show started and Meag and I had perfect seats. The music was amazing, the dancers were unbeliveable, Santa was funny and the live nativity was simply touching. At intermission we went and got some cinnamon, sugar, roasted almonds...Y-U-M-M-Y! The show started again and Meag and I's eyes were glued to the stage. We sang along with the music and laughed at silly Santa and Mrs. Claus. The theater was filled with an abundance of laughter and "ooh's" and "ahh's." Being in drill team when I was younger, I knew the practice and hard work that it takes to get those lines tight and straight and to dance in sync with one another...so I greatly appreciate all of their hard work. As the show came to an end, it was time for the live Nativity scene. How quickly we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season that we don't take enough time to reflect on that bright light in Bethlehem that gave us the most precious gift of all- our Lord, Jesus Christ. Their interpretation of the live nativity scene was moving. Real camels, donkeys, sheep and the announcer's voice echoed in such a magical way. As he spoke about the story of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I look over and my heart just warms that Meag and I are able to cherish and share this moment together and that Meag's little heart is given to God. The nativity was our favorite part and we chatted afterwards about the happy tears that filled our eyes. Like mommy, like daughter. :-)
We got all snuggled back in our hotel room and watched tv and scratched backs. A perfect ending to a perfect night. Plenty of pictures and memories to remember.
I love you sweet Meag and the joy you bring into my life is such a blessing.
Merry Christmas everyone!


0 comments:
Post a Comment