Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Contentment

"A mind filled with peace creates a heart filled with contentment."

I love where my life is at right now. I am content. I am at peace. Having my sweet Meag home and out of an awful situation, waking up next to my handsome husband every morning, being able to get tons of family time whenever, attending an amazing church where you feel and hear God's word. These are just a few of the blessings. I remember when I used to not get a good night's sleep because I was worried for Meag and her safety. I remember keeping my phone by me at all times in case she needed me. I remember Mike and I having meetings with our attorney to talk about how to get our precious one home and safe. Now, Meag IS home AND safe and I ALWAYS get to hear her sweet little voice singing in the shower, or the pitter patter of her feet running down the stairs. I get to curl up next to my husband and get a peaceful night's rest. I'm able to go see our family all the time because everyone lives in town. These are all things that make my heart so very happy and feel so satisfied with where God has taken me. I got a forwarded email from my sis the other day about small every day pleasures which made me want to create a list of my own. As I sat down to write I just got this huge smile on my face-so many wonderful things to be thankful for. Meag and Mike are doing a list and it is amazing how some of the smallest things in life can brighten your day even more. A perfect morning cup of coffee. Getting lost in a great book. Listening to all of the laughter at the park on a warm afternoon. Contentment.

My heart is at peace. My sweet Meag is home forever. My husband is my best friend. My family means the world to me. Life is great.

0 comments: